Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cultural Activity Journal: New Friends



I was anxious about coming to Barcelona, I didn’t know if the people were nice, if the city was safe, I really didn’t know anything. When I finally got to Barcelona I soon discovered that it is one of the best places to live. The people are very kind, (not to mention that the women are gorgeous) the city is beautiful and the weather is amazing. The second week of being in my apartment I met my doorman, and my neighbors for the first time. Paco my doorman is very helpful and will always tell me where I need to go to buy certain things. The next few days I met a new friend here that is Catalan, Jordi. Jordi is just a few years older than me and is trying his hardest to learn English. He asked me if I could speak with him, he would help me learn more Spanish and I would help him learn English, pretty easy right. WRONG! I soon found out that teaching someone English is really difficult, much harder than learning Spanish. But we stuck to it and kept meeting for practice. I really enjoyed this because it helped me not be hesitant when approaching locals when I needed help. Jordi’s English was also a lot better and was able to hold a decent conversation with me and my roommates. It’s been about a month or so since I have seen Jordi, or my neighbors. I know my neighbors are not the biggest fans of my friends and I because they have called the police on us a few times for being too loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment