Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Leisure Activity Barcelona VS Madrid



The coolest thing by far that I experienced in Barcelona was the Real Madrid Barcelona futbol match. I have never experienced a rivalry as intense as this in the United States. The day before the game I remember sitting in the steam room and over hearing a conversation of two men chatting about the Real Madrid Barcelona game. One was a Real fan and the other a Barca fan, although they were both friendly with one another I could tell that they really were not agreeing with what each other was saying. They got me started in the conversation and told me that if Barcelona wins the city will go crazy. When the next day came I threw on my ibrahimovic jersey and planned on going to George and Dragon pub on Passeig de Gracia. The bar was packed with Barca fans so we prepared ourselves by grabbing some seats and some pints. The game was violent; both teams were playing sloppy as hell. While we watched the game all the Barca fans would start different songs and chants. When the game was over and the score was 0-2 Barcelona, everyone went nuts. The first thing that my friends and I did was head over to Plaza Catalunya and Las Ramblas. When we arrived there was already a crowd of 200 or more people singing, drinking, and setting fireworks off. This celebration was the closest thing to a riot that I have ever encountered. There were fireworks everywhere, soccer balls were being punted, beer was being thrown over people, and there were non-stop crowd surfers. Although my jersey and shoes got pretty trashed I had a great time and will never forget that night for as long as I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment