Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Leisure Activity Journal: First Futbol Match



On February 27th I attended my first ever futbol match. The match was between Malaga and FCB Barcelona. As my three amigos and I were arriving to the game we were contemplating on whether buying a ticket at the box office or seeing if we could get someone on the street to sell us cheaper better tickets. We finally decided to try to get cheaper tickets, so we started calling out “Tickets, We need Tickets”, in a matter of two minutes a man approached us with what looked like legit tickets. He told us that he wanted 150 for four tickets, not a bad price if you ask me. At first we were concerned whether the tickets were real or not but the man reassured us, so we took his word. Amazingly the tickets were real and when we found our seats we were amazed at how mind-boggling they were. We were literally 15 seats from the field. The match was unlike anything else I have ever seen; I have been to baseball, basketball, football, and hockey games but none of them compare. The thing that is so different about futbol games is the fans; the fans are much livelier at futbol games. At baseball games when something upsets the fans they booooo, but I noticed when the crowd was pissed at the Barca game they whistled. Barcelona was supposed to sweep Malaga but that didn’t happen. Malaga scored first towards the end of the game; then Barca answered back with a goal within two minutes. With two minutes left in the game Barcelona scored one last goal to go up 2-1 and ended up winning the game. After going to that game I wanted to travel to other cities and see how other games compare. One last thing that I noticed while at the Barcelona Malaga match was that all the fans have so much pride in their team. Catalans are very pleased to have Barca represent their hometown.

No comments:

Post a Comment